Media Contact: Megan Sievers, Executive Director
Email: [email protected]
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Welcome Home, Inc. Announces New Board Members & Officers
(March 8, 2022 – Columbia, MO) Welcome Home, Inc. announces the election of three new members to its Board of Directors and new Officers for the year 2022. The newly elected members joined the Board in January 2022, and they are: Robert Boone, Jennifer Sticken, and Joanie Mains.
Welcome Home, Inc.’s Executive Director, Megan Sievers, announced, “We are honored and thrilled to welcome the three new members to our Board of Directors. Each of these incredible volunteers have unique backgrounds, with diverse experiences, that will make them such incredible assets to Welcome Home’s mission and vision.”
Board Members serve three-year terms at Welcome Home, Inc. and Officers are elected annually. The Board of Directors is the governing body and the fiduciaries who steer the organization towards a sustainable future by adopting sound, ethical, and legal governance, and financial management policies, as well as by making sure Welcome Home, Inc. has adequate resources to advance our mission.
“We are also excited to share that Jenny Lorenz-Rudkin has been elected by her peers to serve as Welcome Home’s 2022 Board President and is our very first female Board President since the organization’s inception,” Sievers states. “Jenny not only volunteers her time and talent to the cause, but she and her family have been generous donors for many years. We are beyond grateful to have her leadership, skills, and passion at the helm this year.”
WELCOME HOME’S 2022 BOARD OF DIRECTORS INCLUDE:
- Jenny Lorenz-Rudkin; Board President; Realtor at RE/MAX Boone Realty and Founder of “Honor Homes with Jenny”
- Robert Canine; Board Vice President; Retired US Army and Disabled Veteran; Veteran Advocate
- Tanner Sutton, CPA; Board Treasurer; Vice President of Finance & Controller at Premiere Industrial Properties
- Dr. Dale Fitch, Board Secretary; Associate Professor at University of Missouri School of Social Work
- Terry Roberts; Board Member; US Marine Corps Veteran and Loan Officer at Veterans United Home Loans
- Ross Bridges; Board Member; US Marine Corps Veteran and Partner at Vessell Bridges Murphy Law Offices
- James Chapman; Board Member; Senior Director of Client Relations at Veterans United Home Loans
- Vernette Smith, COA; Board Member; Certified Ophthalmic Assistant at Restoration Eye Care
- Marcus Glover; Board Member; Retired US Air Force and Human Resources at Dollar General Distribution Center
- Jason Gruender; Board Member; Vice President at Meyer Electric and Owner at Liberty Insurance Solutions
- Robert Boone; Board Member; Retired US Army Veteran and Associate VP at Columbia College Global-Military
- Jennifer Sticken, MPAS PA-C; Board Member; Physician’s Assistant at Compass Health Network
- Joanie Mains; Board Member; Financial Center Manager III at Simmons Bank
About Welcome Home, Inc.
Welcome Home, Inc. is a non-profit Emergency/Transitional Shelter and Supportive Services Center serving homeless and at-risk Veterans, and their families, in Missouri since 1992. Through Welcome Home Inc.’s key program and direct, supportive services, the organization works to honor Veterans and restore lives, with a vision to end Veteran homelessness.
For more information about Welcome Home, Inc. visit: www.WelcomeVeterans.org