In partnership with The Department of Veteran Affairs, Phoenix Programs, Inc. & Missouri Housing Development Commission, Welcome Home assists Veterans and their families who are literally homeless, or are imminently in danger of becoming homeless, in obtaining and maintaining stable housing.
- Homelessness prevention and services for Veterans and their families
- Includes intensive case management, financial planning, and connection to VA benefits and services
- Housing identification and matching, improving capacity for long-term housing, income, and personal stability
- Direct financial assistance for upfront housing expenses like move-in deposits, security and utility deposits, household essentials and supplies
- Other supportive services, which may include: transportation assistance, landlord/tenant mediation, and budgeting
In order to be eligible for the Rapid Re-Housing program you must meet the following criteria:
- Veteran and Veteran Family status – a single Veteran, or a family in which the head of household or the spouse of the head of household is a Veteran.
- Low income – income that does not exceed 50% of your area’s median income.
- Imminent Housing Loss/Homeless – you are either already in permanent housing and are trying to avoid eviction OR you are literally homeless.
- Welcome Home’s Rapid Re-Housing Program currently provides services to the following counties: Adair, Audrain, Boone, Callaway, Camden, Cole, Cooper, Gasconade, Howard, Macon, Maries, Moniteau, Monroe, Montgomery, Morgan, Osage, Pettis, Phelps, Pulaski, Randolph, and Saline. *MO Continuum of Care counties served and subject to change.
Goals & Objectives:
- Participants who are literally homeless will obtain appropriate, affordable housing within 90 days upon entry.
- Participants who are at risk of becoming homeless, will remain stably housed in appropriate, affordable housing.
- All participants receive supportive services focused on improved capacity for long-term housing, income improvement, and personal stability.
- Participants who are fleeing domestic violence will be provided safe and confidential referral for supportive services and will be rapidly re-housed in appropriate, affordable housing.
How to Apply for Admission into Welcome Home’s Permanent Housing Program:
Pre-screening assessment can begin by contacting Welcome Home.
2120 Business Loop 70 East, Columbia, MO 65201
(573) 443-8001 ext. 104 or 118
More About Our Permanent Housing Program
The program was developed in response to a redirection of focus toward the homeless Veteran population that includes homeless prevention, rapid re-housing, and Housing First Models to combat the disproportionate number of Veterans experiencing homelessness. Assistance to Veterans is delivered through a variety of services to address current gaps in continuum of care for this group of individuals.