Program for Homeless Veterans and Families
The Welcome Home facility is located on Columbia’s Veterans Campus. The campus is home to our new transitional shelter and community area. We share Veterans Campus with Patriot Place, public housing apartments for Veterans, and Patriot Park.
More than just a shelter, we provide 32 transitional housing rooms, with 34 beds, for homeless Veterans and families, including a separate corridor for female Veterans.
This facility was designed to help Veterans build a strong foundation for the future—giving them a chance to escape the hardship of homelessness. Our goal is to empower Veterans to get back on their feet and prepare to take the next steps toward living the lives they deserve.
Shelter Features Include:
- Private corridor for female Veterans
- Flexible space for families
- ADA-accessible rooms and facility entrances
- Commercial-grade kitchen
- Community-style dining and recreation room
- Comfortable lounge area
- Business-equipped computer lab
- Laundry facilities
- Outdoor patio, walking trails and garden