There are many ways to show your support and get involved at Welcome Home. Volunteering is an excellent way to give back to those who served!
One of the best ways to get your ‘boots on the ground’ at Welcome Home is to sign-up
for “KP DUTY” (Kitchen Patrol Duty), where you can prepare and serve a meal to our Veterans.
“KP DUTY” DETAILS:
- Individuals or small groups welcome (max 5 volunteers per shift)
- Youth (under 16 years old) welcome with adult supervision
- 2 hour dinner shifts available (5pm-7pm)
- Morning and lunch shifts will be considered if scheduled at least two weeks in advance
- Menu, food and supplies provided by Welcome Home
OTHER VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES:
- Room Turnover – cleaning and setting up rooms for new Veterans
- Moving Assistance – “muscle” and trucks/SUVs to help move belongings for transitioning Veterans
- Administrative/Clerical Support – data entry, organizing, filing, etc. (not including confidential materials)
Your time is valuable and we really want your volunteer experience to be fulfilling and fun! So, thank you for considering donating your time and energy at Welcome Home. We’re beyond grateful!