Welcome Home, Inc. Announces New Board Members & Officers for 2021
Press Release Media Contact:
Megan Sievers, Executive Director
Email: [email protected]
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Welcome Home, Inc. Announces New Board Members & Officers (April 5, 2021 – Columbia, MO)
Welcome Home, Inc. announces the election of three new members to its Board of Directors and new Officers for the year 2021. The newly elected members joined the Board in January 2021 and they are: Vernette Smith, Marcus Glover, and Jason Gruender.
Welcome Home, Inc.’s Executive Director, Megan Sievers, announced, “We are thrilled to welcome our three newest members to our Board of Directors. They each have a unique background, with diverse experiences that make them an asset to Welcome Home’s Board of Directors and to the organization as a whole.”
Board Members serve three-year terms at Welcome Home, Inc. and Officers are elected annually. The Board of Directors is the governing body and the fiduciaries who steer the organization towards a sustainable future by adopting sound, ethical, and legal governance and financial management policies, as well as by making sure Welcome Home, Inc. has adequate resources to advance our mission.
“As stewards and volunteers of Welcome Home, our Board is instrumental and invaluable in many ways. They are not only significant advocates for our mission to honor Veterans and restore lives, but they go above and beyond to provide foresight, oversight, and insight as we navigate through strategic planning and annual fundraising,” Sievers states.
Welcome Home’s 2021 Board of Directors include:
• Joseph “Jo Jo” Blanton, LCSW; Board President; US Army Veteran and CPRC Supervisor at Compass Health Network
• Jenny Lorenz-Rudkin; Board Vice President; Realtor at RE/MAX Boone Realty and Founder of Honor Homes with Jenny
• Tanner Sutton, CPA; Board Treasurer; Chief Financial Officer at Premiere
• Dr. Dale Fitch, Board Secretary; Associate Professor at University of Missouri School of Social Work
• Terry Roberts; Immediate Past President; US Marine Corps Veteran and Loan Officer at Veterans United Home Loans
• Ross Bridges; Board Member; US Marine Corps Veteran and Partner at Vessell Bridges Murphy Law Offices
• Tery Donelson; Board Member; Retired US Air Force and Senior Director, Military Operations and Partnerships at Columbia College
• Daniel Beckett; Board Member; US Marine Corps Veteran and Partner at Smith Lewis LLP
• Robert Canine; Board Member; Retired US Army and Loan Officer at Veterans United Home Loans
• Rev. Dr. Brad Stagg; Board Member; Senior Minister at First Christian Church
• James Chapman; Board Member; Senior Director of Client Relations at Veterans United Home Loans
• Vernette Smith, COA; Board Member; Certified Ophthalmic Assistant at Restoration Eye Care
• Marcus Glover; Board Member; Retired US Air Force and Human Resources Manager at Gates Corporation
• Jason Gruender; Board Member; Vice President at Meyer Electric and Owner at Liberty Insurance Solutions
About Welcome Home, Inc.
Welcome Home, Inc. is a non-profit Emergency/Transitional Shelter and Supportive Services Center serving homeless and at-risk Veterans, and their families, in Missouri since 1992. Through Welcome Home Inc.’s key program and direct, supportive services, the organization works to honor Veterans and restore lives, with a vision to end Veteran homelessness.
For more information about Welcome Home, Inc. visit: www.WelcomeVeterans.org